Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Bored Silly

How, you might be asking, does a mother of three find herself bored at 4 in the afternoon? Well, the kids were playing beautifully (which meant the couches were ships and the family room was a mess of play picnics and race car tracks), I had just finished my most recent book (Sunshine by Robin Mckinley-my first vampire book), and Greg wasn't coming home till late so I wasn't really going to make dinner. I wandered around thinking about picking up a new book, tried calling a few people, but they did not have the free time that I found myself having, and just thought about Annie's surgery tomorrow. Finally I decided that I really did not want Mac-n-cheese and that even though Greg wasn't coming home I deserved a yummy dinner (and I guess the kids did, too). Thanks to my handy new bread recipe I pulled together a chicken and broccoli braid and then for my sweet tooth, a cream cheese one as well (both delicious by the way). I am not sure if it is a good idea for me to bake any time I get a little bored, but I honestly don't mind the food, though my thighs might eventually.

8 comments:

Lewis Family said...

Those look so yummy! I'm kicking myself for not making it to that enrichment. Hope they tasted as good as they look. ~Emily

Raechal said...

mmmm! those look so yummy! I might need those recipes...

Amy Jones said...

Seriously...even though I did go to the enrichment and I have that yummy recipe, I swear my stuff doesn't turn out like yours! You have a talent. :)

Jonie said...

Emily,
you know now that if I have another bread crisis, I am going to call you.

Kristi said...

Oh they look yummy! I just love the cream cheese braid. Now I am going to want your recipe for the chicken one!

Kate said...

Hm, vampire books seem all the rage. I liked McKinley's 'Beauty', so maybe I should check out some of her other books.

That bread looks yummy...

Brittney said...

i'll be expecting one of those cream cheese numbers in the mail tomorrow. count it as your service project for the year. thanks.

Webster Family said...

i want the recipes em!!!