Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sand and Sprouts


What a beautiful day we had yesterday! Especially compared to today which is windy again and I even felt a raindrop! The kids loved being outside and getting dirty. They were so proud of their "sand castles," they made-at least 10 of them. You can't see them very well, but they are the rectangles behind all of the boys. The sun did make my kids extra fussy so I will try to make sure they are drinking more as the heat intensifies.

Brussels Sprouts that is. Yes, my family had and ATE Brussels sprouts last night for dinner. Gregory loves them and so I try to remember to buy them every now and then. All three of the kids ate them and Ryan even had seconds. I still prefer something like broccoli but I suppose we will get these more often.

8 comments:

Erin said...

Your kids are so cute! Annie cracks me up!

Colton wanted to come and play in the sandbox, next time I'll have to send him over :)

Jodi Jo said...

Yuck! I hate brussel sprouts. Damon really likes them too. I get them for him in little freezer personal pouches so he can still have them. I have no delusions that my kids will eat them since we are still working on things like corn, peas and green beans.

Natelli Johnston said...

you won a million bucks, congrats! gotta love dwight.

Whitney said...

I have never had brussell sprouts because they get such a bad rap I'm afraid to try them. You've inspired me with your brussell sprout report.

Teri said...

I have never tried them, if your kids liked them maybe I will??? I don't even know if Sean likes them, I'll have to ask him. You guys are such healthful eaters.

Kristi said...

I am impressed, we still can't get our kids to eat the basic veggies!

Nina and Ryan said...

Hey I'm way impressed that brussel sprouts are a hit in your family!! Reading your blog reminded me that I still want to try to go to the tulip festival--it's still going on right?

Tara Ann said...

we just tried those. i liked them, but kevin said he would pass.