What could possibly be more exciting to little boys than building and then launching a rocket? Probably not too much, at least not for my boys and some friends on Saturday. Nathan got a set of rockets for his birthday (in February) and has been working on them sporadically with Greg ever since. This weekend Greg finally decided to finish them up and launch them. I was really impressed with how high and fast they flew. The sound scared Annie immensely, but the boys loved watching the rockets soar into space (they were hoping they would hit a plane or a swarm of bees) and then Greg led them on a wild goose chase to track it down (he was just as excited as they were). Luckily these 2 rockets are reusable so I am sure that we will have a few more launches in our future. What fun! Thanks Carsen for a great present, that we finally got around to using.
Monday, July 21, 2008
3-2-1-BLAST OFF!!!!
What could possibly be more exciting to little boys than building and then launching a rocket? Probably not too much, at least not for my boys and some friends on Saturday. Nathan got a set of rockets for his birthday (in February) and has been working on them sporadically with Greg ever since. This weekend Greg finally decided to finish them up and launch them. I was really impressed with how high and fast they flew. The sound scared Annie immensely, but the boys loved watching the rockets soar into space (they were hoping they would hit a plane or a swarm of bees) and then Greg led them on a wild goose chase to track it down (he was just as excited as they were). Luckily these 2 rockets are reusable so I am sure that we will have a few more launches in our future. What fun! Thanks Carsen for a great present, that we finally got around to using.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That looks like alot of fun!! I love to finish projects and then get to use them. I bet your boys loved it.
Aren't those soooooo fun?! We are a "rocket" family, too. My kids absolutely LOVE them. I used to have a water pressure kind when I was little. I wonder if they still make 'em.
Tara
Hmmm. We definitely need to get some of those.
We had a great time! Thanks for having the boys come help you, they thought it was awesome!
Post a Comment