I know, I know, not the greatest picture. I wanted to get a picture of how Nathan held his mouth open while his tooth just hung there, but Greg got this one instead. A couple days ago the boys were wrestling around and Nate got his tooth loosened. It looked awful! I hate teeth falling out anyway, but this was worse. Nathan was very sad about this one. His first response besides screaming and crying was, "I wish we could go back in time and this wouldn't have happened." Let me just state that this is not his first loose tooth, we have already dealt with 2 others, one of which Nate pulled out himself, but this one was apparently different.
It took 2 days and Greg sitting on him while I held his head for us to get this tooth out (oh and pliers-yuck). He wouldn't' eat, he'd wake up at night since he wouldn't close his mouth to breathe, and he was just really lethargic. We didn't want to force it, but I couldn't handle another day of gloomy Nathan.
Unfortunately though I "forgot" to call the tooth fairy last night so Nathan was a little disappointed in the morning. Good think she "came" while I had my presidency meeting, and good thing Nathan was ecstatic over the 50 cents he found. I do not look forward to more teeth issues, though I know have years to go.


6 comments:
Yeah, Nathan was showing off his loose tooth at our house yesterday. It looked painful! He is here now and a lot happier! Colton hasn't lost 1 tooth yet so he doesn't know about the tooth fairy yet. Maybe Nathan will inform him today??
Wow! It's crazy that you have a kid old enough to be losing teeth! Time flies when you're having fun.
Look how cute and happy he looks with it out. That first picture you can tell how loose it is. Poor guy, how stressful.
I love the toothless picture. Gotta love those years.
I am with you Em! I cannot stomach "dangling by a thread" teeth. Or worse -- when they can spin the thing nearly all the way around with their tongue. Last time Taylor lost a tooth it took the tooth fairy 2 nights to come. (oops). We told him there was a flu going around in Fairyland.
Wow! He looks so grown up with that tooth gone! I agree losing teeth is traumatic and gross. Somehow it's kind of cool too.
Post a Comment