It always happens when things are going okay, the thunder and lightening strike and unexpected bills come due. We are so close to finishing our basement and have been doing great at keeping things under control when it comes to money. And then my ring needs to be fixed, and then my car breaks down.
1. I took my ring to get cleaned on my birthday and the lady mentioned that the diamond was about to fall out. Since I had no desire to lose it, I have been ringless for a week. We picked up the ring tonight and it looks amazing! For those of you who might remember, my ring was set a little higher than both Greg and I wanted. However, I loved it and didn't worry about it for the last 8+ years. It didn't occur until after I had already sent my ring away to be fixed that I probably could have asked them to fix that. Well, lo and behold, they did it anyway. So now my ring is not only beautifully shiny and newlywed-ish, but it is now just like we wanted. I love looking at it!
2. On Thursday I thought I would get a few things done with just Annie in tow and headed to the Scout office. Right after we got on the freeway I heard a noise that I thought was a tire. There was a junky car in front of me and so I thought, maybe it was them. Then my oil and battery lights started flashing and I got a bit panicky. I decided to get off the next exit and as I tried to turn off I realized my power steering was out. With my hazards on I slowly pulled off the freeway and into a buildings empty parking lot. Since I didn't have a cell phone, Annabelle and I headed over to the Ford dealership across the way. That is where I lost it. The poor lady at the desk looked shocked to see someone so distressed in her building. I called Greg and he headed over. We were able to drive the car to the dealership and headed home with the idea that the serpentine/timing belt would be replaced and all would be well by lunch the next day.
We got a phone call in the morning saying our A/C also broke and the total would be over $1200! That was a little tough to swallow. Greg called our dealership and figured out our warranty, which thankfully we had a paid a bit extra to have, and now we were looking at about $3-400. That sounded much better. Then we got even smarter and called our salesman and friend, J.D. Now he is one awesome salesman. He worked his magic and got our car towed to his dealership and fixed and then drove it to our home, all for $190!! Now that is service. We feel completely blessed that the cost was so low and that the transaction was so easy. We hardly had to do anything.
I am so grateful to people and companies who can fix the things that Greg and I cannot. I don't know where we would be without those fixers. Everyone and every job is so needed to make our society run more smoothly. Just like in the church, we are all given talents and the Lord asks us to share them. To help those who we can and to allow others to teach and help us. I am grateful for the talents I have that can help with my family, my friends and in my calling. I am also indebted to all those who do so much to teach me and help me grow.
4 comments:
You tied it all together so well...thanks for sharing. mom
Yay!for all that went wrong it came together pretty darn well. JD rocks, he's always doing such nice things for others. Good job getting it all done!
You might want to lay low this week and see if you can avoid anymore drama! I'm glad it all worked out, what a blessing.
WOW, it has been a wild week for you!
Post a Comment