Sunday, June 28, 2009

I made it!!

I am finally in Michigan. We saw Mt. Rushmore and while it was smaller than pictures make it seem, it was still neat to see. I got Greg off to the airport in Rapid City and cried the whole way back to the hotel. The next 2 days I was on my own in the car (one of the boys was always with my parents). S. Dakota wasn't that exciting but both Minnesota and Wisconsin were beautiful. Lots of trees and corn fields and rivers. I even crossed the Mississippi River! The kids were really great in the car and the boys were awesome at helping with movies, snacks, or getting books for Annabelle. Once we hit Illinois it all went down hill. There started to be a lot of traffic and my parents' GPS told us to get off the freeway and take a "shortcut" through the city. I was really stressed trying to follow my folks and not get hit by crazy buses or bikers or drunken lowlifes. The only thing I liked about Chicago was that I easily found a radio station so I could listen to great music while I gripped the steering wheel. I was so done with driving for the last three hours. But we pushed through and made it at about 8:30 MI time. It has been great to just relax today and allow the kids to play. I made it to Relief Society where Tara taught a great lesson on Trials and Tools. And here I will stay for the next 2 weeks. I look forward to having nothing really planned and nothing really to do. Hopefully I will be able to allow myself to really relax and enjoy my kids, and my sis and her kids.

4 comments:

Jonie said...

I love South Dakota and the Black Hills, I think it is beautiful country, I wish you could have seen more of that.

Anniebanannie said...

what a fun trip! We want to do a cross country drive when the kids are a bit older. Not this summer though...

Jason and Kristin said...

Whew, you made it. My sister has been to Mt. Rushmore and she said the same thing about it being smaller than she thought it would be.

Erin said...

I didn't relieze that you would be posting while you were gone! I just checked in today July 4th and I am down 3 posts! :)

I am glad that you guys made it there and hope that you have a GREAT time, we'll see you when you get home!