We have enjoyed being home and keeping busy. The kids love playing with their friends and being able to go out and play without my constant watching (I love this, too). I love getting my house back in order and getting back into a sort of a routine.
Our garden has been doing great and it is so fun to watch the kids excitement in finding veggies. We have awesome kids who eat all the squash, zucchini, tomatoes, peas and green beans we can pick. Our 2 giant sunflowers should bloom soon and since we missed it last year, I can't wait.
We made it back to library and it is so nice to have some new books. Since Nathan gets chapter books, Ryan wants to get them as well. Luckily for me, Nathan is great at reading them to Ryan.
For Pioneer Days the boys went camping while Annabelle and I had some girl time. I attempted to cut her bangs, but will not do that again. We had fun going out to dinner and eating ice cream while the boys braved the rain and caught some fish.
On Saturday we had Greg's family over for a Pioneer Day/say hi to Dan and Courtney/Happy Birthday to Katie party. It is always fun to see everyone (We missed those unable to come). We did a BBQ, played croquet and volleyball and of course did fireworks. Dan even brought a bigger one from Nebraska that the kids all thought was awesome (I was a lot nervous about it, but tried to be cool and okay with it).
School starts in less than a month--I will have all three of my kids in school 2 days a week. Nathan is 2nd grade, Ryan in kindergarten and Annabelle in joy school (so I will teach every 5 weeks). I can't imagine what my life will be like, and I can't decide if I am excited or sad about all the time to myself-probably both.
No comments:
Post a Comment