Sunday, April 25, 2010

6 Days or Less!

The doctor says I am now a solid three, so not much difference. I am having some contractions though today thanks to a little trip to the park with Annie. For over three and a half years I have been the mother of three children. We have grown and learned a lot these past years and I have come to love these three little hoodlums more than I could have ever imagined.
Nathan is definitely growing up. He wants his independence more than anything else right now. He hates when we get mad at him, but just isn't always ready to listen when we try to explain consequences. He is an amazing reader. Just today he finished reading "Harry Potter 3". He says it was his favorite but I think it is mostly because we didn't read it together and he was able to shoot right through it while the other two books took us at least a month to read together. Nate also loves math and is really good at it. I was in his class the other day and there was a sub. The sub asked for help understanding the teacher's notes and I noticed that there was a part that said, "Some of the kids might not understand but Nathan and Tyler will probably be able to help." Cub scouts is another big thing for Nathan right now. He loves passing things off with Dad and coming to scouts with me. He is a great helper at home and is always ready to help out, especially if it involves reading to a younger sibling or teaching one of them how to do something. I love my big Nathan.
Ryan has grown up so much lately. Kindergarten had me really worried. Ryan is a bit more rambunctious that his older brother and I was really worried about how he would handle school. But according to his teachers (one who lives in the neighborhood so I can talk to her all the time) he is AWESOME. He listens so well and always is on task. He whispers (what?! Ryan can whisper?!) and is nice to other kids and is just a great kid. When I first heard all these wonderful things I had mixed feelings. First, why can't he be more like that at home and second, thank goodness he is good at school. I do have to say that Ryan has mellowed a lot this year. He loves Star Wars and playing Lego Star Wars on the Wii. He will do practically anything to earn time to play. He is a great friend to the kids in the car pool and always makes plans to get together-even though they don't always come to fruition. Ryan is anxiously awaiting his new sister and can't help but give my belly hugs and kisses every time he walks past. I love my Mr. Ryan.
Annabelle has been my baby (I mean big girl) for almost four years and I can't imagine life without her. She is so sweet and loving with Greg and I, as well as her big brothers (she refers to them as "my boys" or "the brothers"). We started a little preschool with some neighborhood kids and while she was the youngest and I was a little worried about how she'd do, she is awesome! She loves to learn how to write her letters and how to memorize rhymes. She loves to color and is getting really good and staying in the lines and using more than just one color. Annabelle also loves to dance. If she is ever bored all I need to do is put on some music and she will start up. It is a treat to watch. While Annie loves girlie stuff she isn't afraid to wrestle with the boys or be a pirate or a T-Rex. She loves to watch them play Wii and isn't too bad at some of the sport games we have. Annabelle is a little girl and she does have a drama side to her that sometimes really grates on me, but most of the time she is nice and if I ask her to try again she will say something in the sweetest voice. A few times in the last couple weeks she has been scared to go to bed alone. I think she is really excited to have a roommate soon so she is no longer alone. Annabelle is a great helper, just like her brothers, and her smiles and hugs really help get me through the day sometimes. I just love my little/big Annabelle.
No picture yet of number four, since of course she is not here. Lately I have been doing some thinking about her though. She will be her in the next week. It is no longer measured in months or weeks, but days. I am so looking forward to that moment when Callie is put into my arms and I get that feeling. That wonderful feeling that this gift from my Heavenly Father is mine, is our families, and that she belongs with us. Right now it is hard to imagine another child. It is hard to picture her around the table or even hanging in a picture frame. It is even a little weird to hear her name said aloud, or even written. But in the few moments after she is born and placed in my arms it all makes sense. I can't wait for that feeling. I can't wait to see what our little girl looks like, what she feels like outside of my belly. It is such a wonderful experience and I feel so privileged that I have been able to do it three times already. I am so lucky that I have had three beautiful and healthy children. I pray that this one will come into this world as healthy as the rest of them.



1 comment:

Tracy said...

What a wonderful tribute to your beautiful kids! I know exactly what you mean about that "feeling" and I cherish every moment I have had...and continue to have as I hold my grandchildren. thanks for being such a lovely woman. mom