We had a very nice and relaxing Easter weekend.
On Saturday we had a little neighborhood Easter egg hunt in the backyards (no fences make it nice most of the time). The kids LOVE to find Easter eggs so there were no complaints about the cold. After the hunt we had an egg toss, an egg race and a silly string war. I was surprised how hard the boys seemed to be throwing their egg without it breaking, but it did eventually happen. After the fun we had a little BBQ (inside due to cold) and it was so nice to chat with some of our neighbors that we haven't seen much of all winter.
It was General Conference this weekend so we were able to catch some of the sessions on Saturday and then all day Sunday. We stayed in our jammies and listened to the prophet, his apostles and others share their testimonies and speak on the importance of strengthening families and homes (something that has been on my mind A LOT lately), amid other topics. The kids did really well and loved listening for certain words and phrases. Both boys expressed the desire to go to the Conference center and be in the room with the prophet. For reverence reasons you have to be eight, so maybe in the fall we will take Nathan.
We of course did an egg hunt in the morning, and then the kids hid the plastic ones for each other throughout the rest of the day. My children love hard-boiled eggs. We cooked 19 and they are all gone!! We had them for breakfast, lunch and finished off the last 2 this morning (with Ryan asking me to cook some more). I had hoped to make deviled eggs but oh well, maybe next year. Normally I would have made a succulent lamb for Easter dinner but being the lazier person that I am right now we just had something simple. I did, however, make Hot Cross Buns. I guess they are some sort of Easter tradition that I have never done. We all enjoyed them as part of our dinner.
Nathan remembered that he had an old piano song called "Hot Cross Buns" so he found and played it for us. Then Greg taught him a duet to play together. And of course Annabelle had to dance.
We ended our relaxing day, still in jammies, and finishing up Harry Potter 2. Ryan got pretty scared so I am thinking it will just be Greg, Nathan and I watching the movie sometime this week. It was so nice to not go anywhere and relax as a family all day/weekend long!
2 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun. Hot cross buns -- YUMMO!
What a happy day...I will have to try the hot cross buns too! nana
Post a Comment