Saturday, September 18, 2010

5K and 1K Fun Run

 This year the kid's school got smart and did a great fundraiser-a 1 and 5K Fun Run.  Greg wanted to do the 5K and so the kids and I signed up for the 1K.  Of course this was the first Saturday that the kids slept in and so I had to wake them all up in order to be at the school by 7:45. 
The boys were broken up into grades, but I was sad to see that 1-there was no preschool group and 2-it was on grass so I wouldn't be able to push Callie.  Luckily a neighbor and his preschool daughter were running with Ryan's group and were nice enough to take Annabelle. 
Both Nathan and Ryan were exhausted when they made it through the finish line.  They both were closer to the front than the back of the group.  They were a little disappointed they didn't win, but luckily each got a ribbon and lots of snacks to make up for it. 
Greg is not a runner.  He plays volleyball a couple times a week on a good week, but this was his first race and I was so impressed with his finish.  Poor guy though, all three kids raced towards him before the finish line (even though I had said not to).  While he will probably be sore for a week, I know he is glad he did it and maybe it will spur on a desire to run more.

2 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

You are such a good poster. It motivates me to not get behind!

Tracy said...

Greg - awesome job -
Kids - WOW a whole mile. Nana is Very impressed ...your great grandpa dub would be thrilled!!
love mom