Friday, September 24, 2010

Fancy Nancy Night

 
 I LOVE having girls.  I think that I am truly blessed to have not one, but two, adorable girly girls.  Not that they are girly all of the time--Annabelle can handle a light saber like the rest of the neighborhood kids and I am sure Callie will have to be tough being the youngest.  My friend Tomie heard that the library was putting on a Fancy Nancy night with books and crafts and thought we could make a night out with it.  First we headed to Zupas for dinner.  There were about 12 of of us, and all the little girls were dressed up (and me) and the people at Zupas could not stop smiling and telling the girls how pretty they looked.  One lady complimented me on dressing up and I have to admit, it was a lot more fun getting ready with Annabelle.  She loved it.  She picked out what nail polish we should wear to match.  She picked out my clothes.  And when I showed her my idea for the hat her response was, "It is beautiful!"  I love that she wanted to have a purse and I love what she put in it: an old compact, a fan from a kids meal, and her camera.  She was prepared.  We even put Callie in a tutu which made a lot of people smile.  While the library was absolute chaos, we had a good time and I look forward to doing it again.

3 comments:

Tara Ann said...

You are an inspiration Emily! You look so adorable and it makes me want little girls.

Jonna said...

You are such a good mommy!!

Tracy said...

So adorable - all of you. We had a girl scout "fancy nancy" event - so I even knew what it was! Great job mom! love nana