Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

All week at the cabin for scripture time we talked about Jesus Christ's Passover week.  On Thursday we had a passover meal complete with Lamb (YUM!!), flat bread, and even goat cheese.  The kids did great at trying new things and most of them liked what they tried.
Back at home it all started with the dying of the eggs.  After a long day of recuperating from our trip this was a nice little break from all of the laundry I was doing.  We didn't do too many eggs just because it was close to bed time and the less you make, the less I have to hide. (Yeah, we don't do the Easter Bunny at our house).
Sunday morning before we went searching for baskets and eggs, we read in the Bible about Jesus Christ's Atonement and Resurrection.  We figured it was better to do it before the kids had their baskets and all they could think about was candy.  We filled all of Callie's eggs with baby treats, but we did let her try a couple jelly beans and chocolates (she LOVED them). 
I simplified my life this year and vetoed the idea of Easter clothes.  We just wore church clothes to church and I didn't even pose my kids all together for a Easter shot.  Sometimes, I just need to let things slide.
The kids were happy enough with the candy and while most of it is all gone, I think that Easter this year was a success.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Jonna said...

I love the passover meal idea. I think it is a great experience for the kids!