- Binkies. Callie is my first child who loves binkies. In the past I recall other mothers telling me that they are always losing binkies and I just didn't understand how careless or silly that was. Well, we have had our fair share of lost binkies. Right now we are missing at least three. I say at least because I have given up on the other 2 or 3 that have been lost forever. Where do they go? I have no idea! Annabelle and I even cleaned up this morning and we didn't even find one.
- Fire Alarm. In the last couple weeks both Greg and I have been careless in the kitchen and caused the fire alarm to turn off. Luckily we have learned that our fire alarms work-a newer one even yells out "Fire!" And we have learned that our older three know to run out of the house. The second time the boys figured it was just me cooking and were all smiles as they ran outside. Annabelle on the other hand had a look of terror on her face as she hurdled over shoes and other toys as she ran upstairs and out the front door. It was really fun to watch them.
- Temper Tantrums. The other day I threw a temper tantrum. A big one! You know those days when you do so many little nice things for your kids and you are trying your best to be calm and patient and they just keep pushing you until you burst. Well, I burst. I even kicked a door a few times to get my anger out (Nathan came running upstairs with a look of worry all over his face). Did my temper tantrum solve anything? No, it just made Ryan cry louder. He hates when I get angry, which is why I was trying so hard to be calm and sensible. I am not proud of my tantrum and the next day (and from now on) I resolved to talk very quietly the whole day.
- Lost and Found. I went on a shopping trip to Costco and Wal-Mart yesterday and things were going great. I was getting everything on my list and the girls were happy (they both LOVED the hummus sample and couldn't get enough). We were almost done at Wal-Mart and Callie started to get restless in the seat. She threw her snacks on the ground and that is when I noticed her blanket was missing. She is not only a binkie girl, but a blanket girl as well. So, we walked back through the store searching high and low. No such luck. We finished shopping, checked the lost and found and then got in line to check out. That is when I noticed her shoe missing. I had just bought these $14 shoes and I couldn't believe I didn't notice it earlier. I said a quick prayer as we checked out, looked in the lost and found for the shoe this time and then headed back to tour the store. Time was running out as it was my day to pick up the boys from school. Thankfully we did find the little shoe on our 2nd time around--see Heavenly Father even answers prayers about little shoes. I even made it to the school before the boys got out. Hopefully the blanket will turn up.
- Scouts. Nathan is now a Bear Cub Scout. He meets on a different day than me. That day was yesterday. And I forgot. I know it isn't totally my fault, but it pretty much is. And another sad part is that since he has become a Bear (back in February) I have not looked at his book once. Remember I am a Wolf leader and I totally knew what was going on when he was in my group.
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Nobody's Perfect
I have heard that sometimes people look at blogs and think, "WOW! That person has it all together!" Well, just in case you have ever thought that with my blog, although I think I do try to throw in some reality every once in awhile, here are some "fun" tidbits from the last couple weeks of our crazy life:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's nice to know I'm not alone and I feel that when I read your blog!
Great post. Your bad days seem like some of my good days lately...stay strong. :)
The most important part of that is the last paragraph...I remember those times too...and look how wonderful my kids turned out! love mom
Post a Comment