Saturday, April 16, 2011

Power of Moms

What a great weekend!  Well, it was great despite the stomach bug that hit right after my pedicure and delicious dinner from Loco Lizard.  Tomie and I set off for Salt Lake around 3.  We made it to a nice little salon where I got a pedicure and she got a massage--we had both got the other one in the last couple weeks so we had to find a place where they did both.  It was the best pedi ever (out of the three I have ever gotten) with a mask and a paraffin peel and even a bit of massage.  It was very relaxing.  Next we headed to Park City, checked into our hotel and then headed to dinner.  I had a super yummy enchilada Bahia but as I was nearing the end of my dish I just didn't feel that great.  I spent the rest of the evening back and forth to the bathroom (if that is too much info than don't read my blog, I am pretty open).  We got some ice cream, which I sadly couldn't eat and then watched a movie.  Despite my stomach issues it was fun to chat and be without little bodies climbing all over and always asking for things.  At one point on the drive we both were quiet and then both realized just how quiet it was.  It was nice, but at the same time, I missed the sounds of my kids. 
Saturday we got ready and headed to the retreat.  I can't begin to say how fabulous it was.  I was buoyed up, inspired and given more enlightenment than my mind could possibly hold.  We were there from 9-5 and at the end my head hurt with all of the wonderful information it was filled with.  The retreat was at the home of Richard and Linda Eyre.  They are an amazing couple who raised 9 children and write books and speak all over the world.  Four of their daughters and other women spoke.  The topics ranged from setting up family laws to dealing with the loss of a child to giving yourself a nap or quiet time every day.  I took pages of notes and look forward to the drive tomorrow where I can read through my notes and with Greg talk and decide how and what we will try to implement first in our family.  In the middle of the day during lunch we went to two different small groups where we discussed different topics.  It was so wonderful to talk to and hear from other moms in the same boat as me.  That is what I love about the Power of Moms website.  They are real moms, dealing with real issues, in a real way.  It isn't just fluff and it isn't sugar-coated. 
It was a great little get-away for me and it made me all the more happier when I got home.  The love I felt for my Gregory and my kids was so strong.  I knew that I was where I wanted to be and where I should be.  I love being a mom and I love each of my four wonderful children.  They each bring a different facet to my life and it just wouldn't be the same without them.  We spent the rest of the evening dancing, playing UNO and unfortunately cleaning and packing for tomorrow's adventure.  They were so excited to tell me how they had lunch for breakfast, dinner for lunch and breakfast for dinner.  My Greg was such a trooper.  He wasn't feeling the best either, but he pushed through and everyone seemed happy and healthy when I got home.  He actually just said, "Life is so much harder without you."  That made me feel validated.  I know ho much I do, but now so does he.  I love his attitude.  When I first told him about this retreat he didn't even hesitate and was totally supportive I go.  He knows that I need a lift sometimes, because he knows and loves me better than anyone.  I really just love that man!  Just because I love being a mother doesn't make it any easier.  But now I have some tools right at my finger tips and I really can't wait to get going on them together as a family. 

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Thanks so much for sharing at the family reunion - I know we will all benefit!! love Mom