Saturday, May 7, 2011

Has it Really Been 10 Years Already?

What can I say?  Ten years ago I married the man of my dreams and I am SO lucky and happy to be married to him today.  He makes me smile everyday.  Greg knows me more than I know myself and while it is a little unnerving in one way, it makes me feel so special and loved.  For celebration I went up to his new office and met his new coworkers before heading to the Market Street Grill for lunch.  We tried oysters (not my favorite) and had other yummy fish entrees.  Greg surprised me with blue topaz earrings and a necklace.  It is very delicate and I love it!  After that relaxing lunch we had a whirlwind of a day with soccer, swimming, scouts and church callings.  On Friday night we had a baby-sitter and went to Buca Di Beppo for dinner.  We had baked rigatoni and pesto pizza and LOVED every bite.  Next we headed to the driving range, Red Mango and then the bowling alley.  We tried to fit everything in.  I love watching Greg do sports.  He gets so focused and without that much practice he is just SO much better than me.  I love watching his form...good thing I am married to this handsome guy!  At the bowling alley they turned the lights out and at first I thought, "this is cool", then they turned the music up and both Greg and I hated it.  We couldn't even hear or talk to each other.  Maybe we are just getting old, but seriously, it was LOUD!  The thing I love about Greg is that we can spend all this time together and talk and just hang out with each other.  I have had 2 free movie passes for months and we just haven't used them yet because we would rather be together and talk.  I LOVE that he wants that as much as I do.  We have a crazy and busy life between 4 kids, a home, a job, cars, lawns, church, family, friends...the list goes on.  I wouldn't trade any of it.  I love having Greg right beside me and loving and supporting me through all that we go through.  Here is to another 10 or 50 years!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Happy anniversary!! love mom

Tara Ann said...

You guys are so cute! I'm so glad that you had a great anniversary...10 years. Is that all? Isn't it crazy to think all that you have accomplished and been through. You are such a great couple.

Whitney said...

Happy 10! A very cool milestone.