Yes, folks. You read it right. We were brave enough to go out in public with our jammies on. The kids were a little hesitant at first, but at the end they loved it. Annabelle can't wait to go out to breakfast again in her pajamas. We went to IHOP and I had a fabulous mushroom and spinach omelet. A little bit too much of a breakfast, but it was delicious! The kids ate LOTS of little pancakes with all kinds of syrup on them. We may have to make this a tradition.
Tonight we got to finally meet our teachers for school tomorrow, at least the boys (Annie starts next week). Both teachers seem like a lot of fun and the boys are anxious to start. Greg has a big deadline and has been working late but was able to make it home right before the kids went to bed. Another tradition we have before school is Father blessings. Greg gives each child a blessing to help them get through the school year. After Ryan got his, he jumped up and said, "I am so excited now!" Greg even gave Callie a little blessing and you could tell she liked being like the big kids.
Tomorrow is finally here and honestly I can't believe that summer is over. It seems like it just began. I am going to miss the relaxation of my mornings and I am not going to love the homework folders and time crunches every day. But, the kids thrive with a routine and a schedule and I know that we will all adjust and it will be a good thing. A little bit more peace and quiet around the house sounds really good to me, too. It was pretty exhausting doing something every day this last month, but it was worth it. The kids looked forward to the countdown and we made lots of memories together.
1 comment:
I think mom and dad need to get some cool Pjs - with bunnies or fire trucks! You guys have done a great job doing fun things together - I loved reading all about it. Now it's back to school - Nana too!
love you!
Post a Comment