Can you believe that Annabelle is old enough for kindergarten? I can't. Most of Annabelle's friends are the first child in their family and so for the past few3 months their moms have been coming to me with questions and asking if I was going to be sad on that first day. I thought about it for a second and then gave the reply that I gave with both Nate and Ryan, "No."
I am not a teary kind of person. I AM a school person. If you didn't know I graduated with an Elementary Education degree and though I wanted to teach at least a year or so, Nathan came along and I happily chose to stay at home. As each of my kids have started school I have been, not sad, but so excited. No, not excited in the sense that I am so glad to have them out of the house. But, excited because they are starting this amazing journey and I love when they come home and tell me about it (as much as I can get). I love seeing their growth. I love that they grow and mature in ways that I could not provide at home. At times I think I am more excited than they are.
So on Tuesday morning when I dropped my darling 5 year old off at school, I sent her off with a smile. Yes, she is one of the youngest in the school and for a brief second I had the thought that she just might get lost in that big school. But then I remembered that she has the BEST kindergarten teacher ever and I knew she would be okay. A good friend in my neighborhood, who did preschool with me for Ryan and her son, is now a kindergarten teacher and Annabelle was one of the lucky ones (8 classes of Kindergarten-4am and 4pm!!) to get Miss Cheree. Yes, we are working on calling her Mrs. C--. Annabelle has been in good spirits each day when she comes home. Of all my kids she is the most social so we will see if that turns into a problem. For now, I love seeing her as she skips off to school, so excited. I do miss having her around to help entertain Callie, but that is a whole other story.
1 comment:
Annabelle - you look so grown up! Have fun in kindergarten - I was excited too - my teacher was the same one Aunt Judy had and she told me she was nice. You are going to learn SO much! have fun! love Nana.
Post a Comment