Friday, September 23, 2011

RE-Decorating

In order to keep myself busy I have been coming up with projects around the house and outside.  On Monday I planted a nectarine tree.  I bought it, dug a hole and planted it all in a few hours.  It was REALLY hard.  The ground was a lot harder than I thought.  I still need to make my hole more round and but bark around it, but I was pretty proud of myself.  Greg was also impressed and he said I could hire some guys to plant some more trees.  Now I just get to wait for them to call back.
 
My downstairs hallway used to be filled with giant posters from old National Geographic magazines.  Cool?  I thought so.  But, I wanted something more personal.  I have been running with my cousin in the mornings and she came up with pictures of all the places our family has been.  I came up with 12 and look forward to adding more. (Nauvoo, Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, Bridal Veil Falls, BYU, Bahamas, Disneyland, Timp Cave, Zion Nat'l Park, Camping close by, Bear World, and the Space Needle in Seattle)  I love how it has turned out.
 We have lived in our home for over 7 years now.  I have tried planting all sorts of things in my flower beds.  This year I did my research and really tried hard to keep up with weeding and pruning and such.  I now have 19 plants along my back and strawberries and raspberries along the side.  After I took the picture I pruned my raspberry bushes and they look much better (hopefully we will get more fruit next year).  My front yard also is doing better than in years past.  I guess the past couple years I have neglected the flower beds and they are loving all the TLC they have gotten.
 
 I had a day of errands this week.  Callie and I first headed to BYU to get the kids new shirts.  Ryan was ecstatic over the jersey I bought him.  Nathan liked it, but football is a little intimidating to him.  Callie and I also went to the mall and some craft stores.  It has been weird just hanging out with Callie.  She can't talk to me much and so it is just me talking a lot.  While at the mall we passed the Pretzelmaker store.  With the other kids I would always stop and get some pretzels and a lemonade.  At first I passed it, but we went back and got the traditional snack.  It was actually really fun doing that with Callie.  I realized that she is growing up a lot faster than I realized (no pic from the mall, but here she is feeding herself and she is better at it than all my other kids).  I am glad that I was able to carry on the little tradition with her. 

4 comments:

Tara Ann said...

I love the wall, such a clever idea. And your yard is becoming so awesome. You are such a hard worker. I can't wait to have a yard of my own in like 30 years, hahaha. Love you guys.

Tracy said...

I LOVE the wall -0 it is so neat. I think dad and I will do something like tat in the hall. I will have to think of another theme - you picked a great one! Dr. Seuss is my favorite! love mom

Christina said...

Ditto on the wall! I bet you are loving it way more than the posters. Way to get some projects done!

Jonna said...

I LOVE the wall! What a fun idea!! Looks like life is just so. much. fun. for your family!!