Thursday, October 6, 2011

October 1st

I don't recall telling my kids that we had to wait until October first to start decorating for Halloween, but a week before then Annabelle told me how excited she was and how she couldn't wait until October first so we could decorate.  Every year we get a spider web.  I never do it outside because the weather here usually makes it all wet and yucky.  In the past years we have hung the web over our front staircase.  I wanted to try something different.  Here is what we came up with:
I love it.  I am not sure if it will last through the month, but for now it looks pretty cool and the kids love showing it off to their friends.  The only other decor I have for this holiday is a set of BOO blocks.  When some friends of mine invited me to do a couple other crafts I jumped on the idea.  
 
The jars were a lot trickier than the wreath, but worth it.  The only problem is now I have candy staring me in the face every day.  My face and the kids'.  The watermelons were gone in 1 day and we are getting pretty close on the other two jars.
I may not have a ton of decor for Halloween, but I have more than last year, and the kids are already getting excited.

5 comments:

Tara Ann said...

Awesome decorations!

Christina said...

Fun projects.

And don't worry, we don't have halloween decor either. The kids do a spider web and then we put their pumpkins by the door. That is about it. :)

Mikelle said...

your jars turned out SO cute!!!

Tracy said...

Good for you! it looks great! I think the candy can be earned (even by mom) then it won't be an easy target. anything above and beyond chores - "seeing the need and doing it" (Just taught this in my responsibility lesson: How to be reliable...)Gets the kids out of the "But I did my chores" mode and into "How can I help?"

Marie said...

Emily- I can't even tell you how much I love your blog!! We have a lot in common. I love your halloween decorations