Sunday, October 23, 2011

Red Ribbon Week

A couple weeks ago at school was Red Ribbon Week.  I got to decorate Ryan's class door since I am his room mom this year. Thankfully my friend Mikelle has a Cricut and she was happy to help (her son is in the class, too) and make the door more professional.  Ryan was happy to have his bug on the tongue.
 
It was also spirit week.  Monday was crazy hair day.  The boys' pictures were taken after school, but Nathan had super spiky hair and Ryan had both spiky and white hair.  Annabelle had about 13 ponytails and about 13 flowers.  Surprisingly we didn't lose any at school.  Callie loves to have her hair done lately.  After Annabelle is done she plops right down on my lap and will let me do it.  The other day (before crazy hair day) she kept handing me flowers to put in her hair.  So, I think Annabelle was inspired by her to do her hair this way.

Tuesday was "support your favorite team day, wear red or blue."  Annabelle's BYU shirt is pink so she didn't even think about wearing it, but she was all set to wear red when I told her that she couldn't.  Does it really matter?  No, but luckily she was okay with wearing a Navy shirt.  Doesn't she look 80's?  Ryan wears this jersey ALL the time.  He would wear it every day if I didn't sneak it away every few days to wash it and hide it.

Annabelle had been SO excited about pajama day.  Actually we all were.  It was one less thing to do in the morning.  We just got to wake up and roll out of bed and eat breakfast and head to school.  It seriously helped with timing.  Ryan had a cool field trip to the Discovery museum in Salt Lake so he didn't wear his jammies (but he did change into them after school).
 Next we had crazy sock day.  I bought them all Halloween socks before I knew about this, so it worked out well.  Callie joined the fun again.  Ryan asked if I would buy a few more pairs of socks and sew them together, but I had to burst his cool idea with the excuse of just not having enough time.
 Finally we had "Wear the School Colors" day.  Because we all ran the 1k or 5k we had school shirts.  Annabelle doesn't love wearing shirts that are of this material or so baggy, but she was a good sport.  It was a long week and our family was full of spirit.  I was relieved when it was all done.

2 comments:

Webster Family said...

You are such an amazing woman! Xander's week is this week-we'll see how things turn out! :)

Tracy said...

I love your red ribbon door! WE had a school theme "It only takes one to say no to drugs". I let the kids do it this year...we didn't win (never have). Your spirit week was great too - we had costumes one day and twins day - those were awful - teenagers!! love Nana