Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Scripture Counter How To

Bear in mind that this wasn't my idea, but I did get a few requests for how to make the scripture counter.
Here goes:
  1. You get a piece of scrap wood, any size that will fit your numbers.  You can paint it to match a room or I just stained mine.  
  2. Print out the numbers 0-9, four times.  Any font, any size. You pick what works for you.  
  3. Laminate the numbers, cut them into squares or rectangles and punch a hole in the top of each one.
  4. Use 4 cup hooks.  Again, they come in all different colors and sizes, you pick!  My wood was soft enough to just screw them in (after I meticulously measured where the holes should be so they would be evenly spaced).
  5. The numbers go on the hooks and then you can decide how to hang it in your house, and what words to put on it, if any.  I have not done either of these things.  But am leaning toward "Scripture Power" and getting some picture hooks to place on the back so I can hang it up in our hallway.
 We haven't missed a day yet!  Good luck!

No comments: