Every year we have a date to go to the Temple Square lights with my cousins. And I think we have only done it once with them, and one other time on our own. Something always seems to come up (mostly sickness or snow or new babies). This year everything went smoothly. We ate dinner out and then met my cousin Brandy and her family at a TRAX station. We jumped on the next train and away we went. The boys all had fun navigating our trip and they decided that they were old enough to stand on the trip. Even though it got a little tricky seeing them once more and more people came on board.
Once in Salt Lake City and out in the cold we bundled up and found my other cousins. We got lost and separated a couple of times, but with that many people I am not surprised.
The lights really are pretty, but as Ryan put it, "Why are we going? We already know what they look like?!" It was SOO cold. I think they need to have the lights up in the summer. I know I would come, while I can't imagine freezing like that again next year.
Ryan was cold and restless and goofy.
Callie was heavy, but a good sport. She liked when we let her walk, but with the crazy crowds, that didn't happen much. I think she was just in awe with all the lights and water fountains.
Luckily we all thawed out on the TRAX ride home. Thank goodness I had goldfish and pretzels in the diaper bag. Without that and I Spy, we may have had some fussy kids. Thankfully no one complained about getting in warm pajamas and climbing into warm beds that night.
3 comments:
What fun updates! Love you guys.
Love this tradition. I am really hoping we live close enough to do that every year as well! It has been a few years since I have been to see the Temple square Christmas lights
Someday...we should come and see those lights! Pack a thermos of hot chocolate next time! love mom
Post a Comment