Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Callie Girl is 2!

 The day has finally come when our little Callie turned two.  She has been surprisingly very excited about this day.  For a couple weeks she kept saying, "My Birthday?"  Then when we would tell her that it was coming soon she would respond with, "Candy? Presents?"  Except they weren't really questions, they were more like comments.  Like she was telling us what she wanted and expected. 
We didn't disappoint.  Knowing that a 2 year old doesn't care much about anything we gave her some new duckies for the tub (she sleeps with them and loves them more than anything), a coloring book, a Sesame Street plate, an Abby fairy stuffed animal and some Sesame Street books.  Oh, and some candy.  We sang happy birthday multiple times that day and made sure Callie knew how much we all loved her. 
Callie is growing at amazing speed.  She talks SO much.  She says things like, "Mommy, help me now." or "Annabelle not sharing with me."  She also sings her ABCs and can sing along to many primary songs.  Tantrums have started and sometimes she will lay down on the floor or go hide in a closet.  She isn't too loud about it, so we just ignore and try to distract her.  We are anxious and nervous to move her into a regular bed.  Anxious to make the girls room a little less crowded and nervous since she is my baby.  Yesterday I bought some bright, fun fabric that I will turn in to quilts for the girls.  I can't wait to begin that project.  Callie loves to climb and read books an play with toys.  She is a great companion for me in the morning.  Whether we are out running errands, helping at the school, or just playing in the playroom (her preferred choice), she is mostly happy and fun to be with.  Her and I go to a mom and me class at the library that has been a lot of fun.  Sadly it is over for the summer and I will miss that scheduled time with her.  We will have to find something else.  Callie loves her siblings and is always trying to be like them.  She follows them around and mostly they all get along.  Daddy has the magic touch with Callie and can always calm her down if she is upset.  He gets a BIG hug whenever he walks in the door from being gone. 
While I can't believe this little girl is already two, I just can't get enough of her.  She is such a joy to our family and We all love her to pieces!  Happy Birthday Callie!
 

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I hope it was a HAPPY day sweetie. Nana and Grumpy love you!