Monday, September 24, 2012

Parenting

I don't claim to be a pro at anything, but looking back at pictures always makes me smile.  I see lots of good things and I know I must be doing some things right.
 Ryan, Annabelle and some friends created an animal shelter one day.  There was a method to the madness and mess, and it kept them all occupied and happy.  I even remember them helping put things away.  I love creativity!
 Callie and I have so much time to ourselves.  It is lonely, for both of us.  Luckily she is full of ideas.  I love how much this girl talks.  She tells me stories about her toys and the adventures they are going on.  She always makes sure I am quiet when one of them is asleep.
 
The other day Greg was fixing our van, the EKG valve or something, and the kids wanted to go play in the rain.  Sometimes it is so much easier to say yes than no.  Look at the goofy faces, so much fun and exuberance and life.  I love their expressions!
 It is soccer season once again.  We skipped it last year and I was hoping to do the same thing this year, but after the boys' attending the soccer camp in CA they really wanted to show off their skills.  Greg agreed to coach Ryan's team and both boys got signed up.  It has added stress to our Tuesday and Wednesday nights, and Saturday mornings; but I love seeing the kids' active and having fun with their team.  This is the last week and I am thrilled to have more nights free again.
 And last but definitely not least, the day before we left on vacation Annabelle lost her first tooth.  It had been wiggly for a LONG time and it finally fell out at school.  HOORAY!!  The tooth fairy remembered to bring some money and even found the tooth that Annie had lost on the counter when she got home from school.  I love seeing her smile now.  It makes her seem so grown up and cute.  I just love it!


No comments: