Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Mommy's In the Picture Too

A while ago I read this great article and it really hit home.  I am NOT in a lot of the pictures I take of my children.  And yet I am right bedside them doing and living with them.  I want my kids to remember me and how I looked and that I was with them all the time and wanted to be with them. 
During the priesthood session of general conference for my church (translation: daddy was at a meeting for a long while) I decided to take the kids out to dinner and dessert.  We went to Carl's Jr because the food isn't as bad as other fast food places and they have the best playhouse around.  I let the kids play a lot longer than usual and let them get a lot of energy out.  I love watching them interact with each other.  They really are great friends.  Next we headed to Mia's to try out their new Italian Ice.  When we got there a huge group (20+ ladies) were sitting down and chatting.  They had all ordered so I figured it was safe for us to order and that we would be served soon.  I was wrong.  We ordered and then more than 30 minutes later we were served.  We got it to go.  The problem was these nice ladies had all ordered fancy things and the place was understaffed for a Saturday night.  There was one girl trying to make all the orders for the big group.  My order, when they finally got around to making it, took a minute.  We just ordered scoops of the Italian ice.  I really enjoyed my Italian ice and custard and look forward to going back and trying some of the more fancy items, but I will definitely be deterred if there is a crowd. 

No comments: