This last weekend I was able to go to an uplifting and spiritual feast at Time Out For Women. Deseret Book Company puts these events on all over the country. They are associated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints but they are for all women and mothers. The music of Jenny Oaks Baker (violinist) and Mercy River was SO wonderful. My whole body tingled as I listened to "Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing" played by both groups. I heard from women with motherhood and careers, women without marriage and children. I heard stories of hope and love and faith by both men and women. It truly was a great weekend. I also got to go with one of my best-est friends from my childhood. I hadn't seen Christina for about 3 years and it was so good to catch up. She also brought her daughter and a friend who went to a teenage program in the hall next door.
I was able to run into another old friend from home, Melissa. I hadn't seen her for at least 7 years and it was again great to catch up. Our mother's are great friends and I always looked up to Melissa. And still do as she has 7 boys! She is an amazing woman!
I really look forward to going to this event again in the future. It is great to be surrounded by mothers and women who understand what life is all about and how important and difficult our calling as mothers can be.
1 comment:
ok - what a shock that Christina's daughter could go to the teen meeting!? All of you look great - I am lucky to see Melissa every year or so. Love them all!! I have a Mercy river CD - it's my "Sunday go to meeting" music! and I love that song too. love mom
Post a Comment