Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Piano Recital

 We had our Piano Christmas Recital last night and it was Annabelle's first.  And the boys' first duet.  It has been a long couple months [practicing and practicing these hard songs.  Their teacher, Tomie, always gives them a very challenging piece to master.  I am so proud of my kids and their hard work and dedication.  Annabelle was up first since she is the youngest.  When practicing at home she would always sing her two songs.  I wish she would have done it at the concert, but I did video her saying them silently to herself while she played.  Ryan and Nathan did great on their individual pieces and fabulous on their duet.  It was a new experience to have them working together on the piano.  Some days they got along great and stopped when the other needed stopping and just worked things out.  It was weird and cool to hear them say things like, "Can we stop and go back to measure 23?"  Other days there were tears and mean words about going to fast.  Some kids had to do a duet with a neighbor of the opposite sex.  When I mentioned that to the boys they were much better and grateful that they had each other.  I hope we get to do more of these in the future. 
 Isn't Ryan a goofball!?

1 comment:

Tracy said...

WE can't wait to hear you guys play! I want you to sing too Annie! love Nana and Grumpy