Oh how I love, and hate, the Christmas sing at the kids' elementary school. I love hearing all of the cute songs and watching kids from 5 - 12 be cute and silly for their parents. I hate how there is no parking and that is when they have three different showings of the performance. I hate how I couldn't see Annabelle at all. A great friend of mine even tried standing on a chair and holding the camcorder up as high as possible (not very comfortable for her and I REALLY appreciate her doing it since Callie wasn't too keen on my walking away from her) and still only getting the top of sweet Annie's head on film.
I would rather come to the school 3 times if it meant getting a closer seat and not having to walk a mile to get to the school in the freezing cute. Oh well, Callie and I survived. We heard all their cute songs. Nathan and Ryan were front and center and even though my camera doesn't love to focus in the gym, I have proof that I was there. Ryan saw me and was all smiles. Nathan saw me and he is in a phase where he is embarrassed by singing. He would sometimes look at me and then look away all silly-like. Annabelle was REALLY sad that she didn't see me. She was crying when she got to the car that afternoon. Then, this morning when they did it again she later told me she was a row higher and still couldn't see me. I felt bad telling her that I wasn't there. She seemed shocked! I would never brave that twice, just for a picture. Besides, the ones I got of her at home were much cuter.

1 comment:
Annie - you're class did a great job - thanks for letting me watch! And I saw you a couple of times!! love Nana
Post a Comment