Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Almost Ready

 Over the last few days we have been getting some last minute stuff done for school.  The boys got haircuts.  We bought tons of school supplies and a few new clothes.  Callie even got some new scissors which she took to her hair; a first in our home but luckily it wasn't too bad.  The number one item were the striped socks Ryan is sporting below.  He really wanted some "cool" socks like "the other kids."  Being a child and rarely having what "the other kids" had I was happy to buy him 2 pairs. 
 
 After all the shopping we of course needed a treat.  The kids love that Culver's has an ice cream flavor of the day and since they got lots of coupons from them for free ice cream I was happy to oblige.  This summer has been called, "The Summer of Night Games" by my boys.  The boys loved gathering friends together and playing until late.  Sometimes Greg and I would even just watch a movie inside while the girls slept and let the boys play outside.  It has been really fun watching them grow up and learn how to play with friends and organize things.  They love being in charge and having parties in our back yard.
 
 
 A tradition we started a few years back was to go to IHOP in our pajamas on the last day before school.  I didn't love my breakfast this year, but the kids loved theirs and I love that we have a tradition to look forward to.  Truth be told they didn't remember when I asked them what our tradition was.  But when I finally told them what we were doing they said, "Oh Yeah!  I love that place!"  Maybe next year they will remember.
One of the places we didn't make it to this summer was Extreme Sports.  Another jumping place.  We invited our friends, the Jones, and were so happy they could join us.  I tried to take pictures of the kids doing the trapeze but it wasn't working with my camera.  It was cool to watch and the kids had a blast.
 We headed over to the mall to pick up a couple things and of course had to throw a penny in the water, get pretzel bites and lemonade, and then play at the tree house. 
 
 
 
 
 Later that evening Nathan went to the school to help direct parents and students to the right classrooms and I went to help the PTA.  I have been a member all 7 years Nathan has attended here but these past 2 years I have been more involved.  While I was trying to recruit people Ryan and Annabelle so some friends and took off to say hi.  Callie of course followed.  I was talking to someone but when I looked up the older two had crossed the street and Callie was about to follow.  She made it half way when a car honked at her.  Yep, she almost got  hit.  I made it there pretty quick and needless to say I was NOT happy.  At any of my kids.  It was a rough night.  It ended well, thankfully.  We got pizza, had a great Family Home Evening and we all got a priesthood blessing from Greg.  I love that he has the priesthood and can bless our children, and me.  I always feels such peace when I get a blessing, and listen to the ones he gives the children.



1 comment:

Tracy said...

First - thank goodness Callie is okay!!
then - I can't decide what I want to do first - the extreme sports place or the cool mall jungle...can I can I! PLEASE!!!!