Monday, October 28, 2013

Cousin Sleep-Overs

 Greg's sister Amy mentioned to me that it was her 10 year anniversary but that they didn't have any plans.  I jumped in and offered to watch her kids for a weekend.  I am so glad we did.  We had lots of fun and while we don't see these cousins very often, I think we all bonded and they know us a lot better.  The kids got along great all weekend.  There was Wii playing and game playing.  Lots of outside time and we even had a movie night.
 My neighbor had invited me and the girls for a "Witches Tea" and she was so nice to let Ellie come with us.  The girls had a blast eating all the crazy food.  Callie's favorite was the blood soup in syringes (strawberry smoothie).  Annie loved the mini BLTs and I think my favorite new thing was a peanut butter and pickle sandwich.  Yum!
 We headed to the park and got lots of wiggles out.  It was a gorgeous day and we were sad to end our park time early because the bathrooms were locked. 
 
 
 
 We collected leaves while at the park and then I taught the kids how to do rubbings.  I thought I had taught my kids before, they must have forgotten, but they all had fun with it.  Then I let them use glue and make little leaf people or things.
After we had 7 kids bathe or shower we had a movie night.  For the movie we watched "The Odd Life of Timothy Green."  It was a little boring for the kids, and Annabelle cried at the end.  But we all loved the popcorn and candy we ate throughout.
 
 Amy was a little worried when I told her that we'd take the kids to church, but they did great.  The kids were a little worried when I told them we don't take toys or food and we don't have any church books or notebooks until after the Sacrament.  They said something like, "Oh, the so&sos are like that, too."  But they did great!  Aside from lots of bathroom breaks we survived and the kids were sad to leave when they saw their parents car when we got home.  It was a crazy weekend, but lots of fun!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

What a fun time! We saw Timothy Green too - so sweet and sad!