Aside from the Heber Creeper we just hung out at home this weekend. It was actually really relaxing. The kids were playing with each other and friends off and on ALL weekend. We went to the library and read a ton, out for pizza, did some Costco taste testing, played a bunch of games,
watched some Harry Potter, and made some cookies. I finally finished a
series that Greg had me start, Mistborn. They were crazy books, hard
to get into and really long, but today I finally finished them (hence my
blogging:)! Thanks to me not planning anything crazy the kids were
able to run around and play for a lot of the time and I was able to
read.
Nathan made these cookies mostly all by himself, save the oven part. They were DELICIOUS and he was quite pleased with himself. I am going to like him cooking:)
Since Nathan made cookies Annabelle wanted to get out her easy bake oven and make some cookies as well. I didn't taste any but the kids all said they were great.
Above is the view of books everywhere while I cuddled in the couch reading my own book. Book messes don't bug me as much as other messes. I love that my kids love reading! We worked on Reflections over the weekend. Today we were finishing them up and Ryan sat there for a good 1-2 hours! During that time I told him he could take a break but he said, "This is FUN!" I love how they have to think "outside the box" once a year.
For Girl Scouts Annabelle had to provide her family with a fun and healthy activity. So we made funny faces with fruits and veggies. Fun times!
I'm not going to lie, I am okay to have the kids go back to school. Things will get accomplished, the house will be quieter and cleaner, and the kids will appreciate the order that comes back to their lives...but, Hooray for our fun and lazy fall break!










2 comments:
You are amazing. That is all. :)
Can't wait to make cookies with you Nate!! Annie - what a fun activity!! love nana
Post a Comment