We all got funny shirts and fancy slippers this year on Christmas Eve. The boys were up at about 7:10. Annie followed at 7:30 and we got Callie up shortly after. We always hang a sheet across the doorway so no one can peek out. Fun tradition. I love watching and hear the kids as they walk down stairs (or crawl like Callie for some reason decided to do).
Mom, Dad, and Santa spoiled the kids this year. I will just share some highlights.
Nathan got a GPS device. He has figured it out but it has been really cold and snowy ever since Christmas and so they haven't found any new geocaches with it.
Ryan got supplies from Santa to take care of the new pet we got him, a Russian Tortoise. I loved how happy he was/is. He is pretty good at taking care of it, feeding him, washing him and making sure his heat lamps are on or off.
Annabelle got lots of Lego Friends and more clothes for her doll (and my doll). I loved watching her focus for so long on the little Legos.
Callie of course got home pigs, some Minnie stuff and candy galore.
Everyone got art books, games, and books and they all enjoyed coloring, reading, and playing all day. I love that we get to just hang out all day and play with each other and our new toys.
My big craft this holiday season was making the kids stuffed animals. I had bought a book to learn how a year ago and the kids had each picked out an animal. I finally got up the courage to try and had a lot of fun with them. Nathan got a pick-up truck, Ryan a cat, Annabelle a bluebird and Callie got a pig (of course).
After a long day of play Greg's family started showing up for our big family party. There were 26 people there and all I had to do was make the turkey. I brined it starting on Christmas Eve and it was DELISH! I loved watching cousins play and hang out. I loved how I didn't see too many people on their phone. I loved the Callie was healthy and happy and I was able to talk to people and have fun. I love Christmas and I love sharing it with amazing people.



No comments:
Post a Comment