Thursday, January 30, 2014
Bloom
Annabelle has had a cold for a week now. I knew Callie would catch it. Sunday evening I noticed Callie acting a little funny and I knew it would be soon. Every Sunday I set a few goals for the week. One for me, one for my family and one for my job or others. Three goals are much more manageable then a huge list. And then when I do get more things done I feel great. Anyway, on Sunday I was thinking about my goals and knew just what I needed. Usually when Callie gets cold it throws everything off. She is REALLY fussy and coughs all night and I don't get my "free time" while she is at preschool. It makes me frustrated and angry and I am not the nicest mommy. So my goal on Sunday was to be very nice once she got sick. To love and cuddle her more and not stress about my schedule being changed. Sure enough Callie woke up Monday morning and has been coughing every since. Having that goal in the back of my head has really helped me be a better mom. I am talking sweeter and cuddling her more. On Tuesday afternoon I was SO tired that I laid down to take a nap and Callie joined me. She didn't cough for the whole hour and a half that we napped. Occasionally I felt a little poke and the boys asked me a question. Lucky them I said yes to everything they said. Eventually they left me a note saying they went to the neighbors. This is how Annabelle found us when she got home. I am happy to report that Callie got antibiotics for an ear infection Monday night and has been getting better ever since. She still has the cough, but not as bad. She is happier and back to singing all the Frozen songs over and over again. I really loved my goal this week and I hope that I can remember it every time I have a sick kiddo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a wonderful story - I am sure I will share it with the next young mom I meet with a sick kiddo. My question is - who took the picture? Love nana
Post a Comment