Friday, August 29, 2014

Callie Time

 This little beauty can not wait to go to preschool.  We had to make a countdown chain because I was tired of hearing the question over and over again about when she would start.  She loves ripping off her papers.  It is nice that the house is so quiet, but I am sure glad I have Callie around with me.  She definitely misses her siblings and is ALWAYS asking for friends.  With so many different preschool schedules it will be tricky having play dates.  The cutest thing was when the kids got home on that first day of school Callie was gone and I picked her up an hour or so later.  She had been telling me in the car how she wanted to watch Frozen but as soon as she got inside and saw her big sister, Annabelle, she ran over exclaiming, "Annabelle! Annabelle! How was it? Was it fun?"  It was so precious!  I was surprised that she was so aware of the fact that her sister had been somewhere new and fun and then I loved how she was so excited to see her.  Ever since school started these two have been playing more and getting along better.  I guess absence really does make the heart grow fonder.
 Callie not only gets more Mommy time, she also gets Daddy all to herself for a bit in the mornings.  Greg has been pulling out his guitar a lot more often and the kids love hearing him play.
 I love this girl's fashion sense. And how she will bust out in song and not care who hears her sing, "Let it Go."  Since Annabelle got a new bike for her birthday, Callie happily accepted her old one.  She loves riding it, even though she is barely big enough.  She also likes to show off her tricks of no hands and standing up while riding.  Today we got her a basket so Cookie Sparkles, or another toy, can ride with her.

 
 Not having a bunch of kids, and having lots of responsibilities with PTA, Girl Scouts and upcoming family gatherings, I have had a lot of errands to run since school started.  Callie is a trooper and always does great when we are out and about.  We tried a new bakery the other day and she was so excited to take MY picture with the donut.
 Callie also still gets to tag along on lunch dates with friends and family.  We took my Grandma Bonnie out for her 84th birthday to a restaurant called, Station 22.  It was yummy and the other kids were so happy with the bounty of french fries I brought home for after school snack.  I will definitely miss Callie while she is at preschool, but I know that she is ready and will have a blast!

No comments: