Thursday, February 26, 2015
The Library
I have been taking my children to the local library for over a decade. Miss Linda has been there the whole time starting with Nathan at age 2:) In the early years I brought two rambunctious boys who would listen and wrestle and then listen again. Then I slowly transitioned to crazy Ryan and shy Annabelle. Still lots of fun but just a different dynamic. Next came two little girls. Those were the calm times. The girls would calmly sit and participate. Even Miss Linda commented on how different they were. I was surprised she remembered my busy boys and a little sad that she remembered their wildness. But then I shrugged if off and enjoyed my sweet girls even more. Now it is just me and Callie. We try to bring friends every time, to give Callie a friend and to help other moms with babies out. I love it. This last week they told me they might cancel the one time a week we are able to go. I was so sad! Maybe my pleading will help them to change their mind because Callie loves story time and I know I will miss the season of my life. They also announced that they are in need of new story-time leaders. My ears perked up at that and while I am unable to do that right now, that may be something I could see myself doing sometime in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment