Tuesday, February 24, 2015

World Thinking Day

 February 22nd marks World Thinking Day for Girl Scouts all across America.  It is something I remember from my childhood and have been excited about these past two years of being a girl scout leader.  The only down side is that it always falls on the weekend around the boys birthdays.  It makes for a crazy week.  This year we choose England.  Mckenna's grandma came to our girl scout meeting one day and told us all about growing up in England.  I had told her just 15-20 minutes but she took the entire time.  She pictures, cue cards, artifacts and treats.  There was no way I could interrupt her.  We made Yorkshire Puddings for our snack (way too many) and then made little pipe cleaner guards for our SWAPS.  The craft at our table was to make little tea cups out of toilet paper rolls.  It was a bit tricky since the tape didn't always stay, but they were cute and the girls all seemed to like it.





 Why oh why did they do a pinata?  I dislike pinatas immensely.  There was a huge line and as soon as you heard the candy hit the floor there was a giant dog pile.  I am surprised no on e got hurt, at least that I know of. 

 
 I love that Annabelle enjoys Girl Scouts so much.  I do enjoy being her leader and watching her and her friends learn and grow.  I do wish she would come out of her shell a little more.  Getting her to talk and teach is like pulling teeth.  Once she starts though, she does much better.  It is the initial engaging with someone that is so hard for her.  Annabelle is gung-ho on doing girls scouts for years to come so hopefully we will see more and more of her getting over the shyness.

No comments: