Next we headed down the bike path to the train tracks. We stopped along the way and ate wild blackberries. They were delicious and while I had heard that they grew all over, I had never seen it. How amazing that they grew everywhere.
Next we stopped at this lovely park. The kids loved climbing up the pile of dirt and were also grateful that Daddy came to bring all the girls the rest of the way to Nana's.
We did some puzzles, played some games and colored pictures for other family members.
Grumpy's cul-de-sac does a big BBQ and firework party. The kids had fun playing soccer in the street, eating watermelon and hamburgers and then of course the fireworks. Out in California there are no aerials and while my kids were a little sad, all the older ones were able to actually light the fireworks and I think they survived. Besides we get to launch fireworks on July 24th for Pioneer Day here in Utah.
No comments:
Post a Comment