Greg's company that pays him (ISI) hosted a day at Lagoon. We originially were just going to take the boys but then decided to take the girls. I was unsure if it would be worth it, but if you look at their faces (especially Callie) than you will know that it was. We headed up around 9:15 in the morning. When I told the kids we were going to be gone from 9-9 they couldn't believe it. They even fussed a little about missing out being with friends! We hadn't been to Lagoon since Annie was a baby and so the boys didn't remember a thing. Right away we split up. Greg took the boys on some coasters while the girls and I did the merry-go-round and other kiddie rides. If anything, that was the only sad part, I didn't get to go on ALL the roller coasters. I wasn't too sad about it luckily, just a little.
The luncheon there was really nice. It was nice not tohave to worry about buying food and we had a cool place to just relax and eat (and the kids got endless soda!). We even won two things at the raffle-a frisbee with a Chipotle gift card and candy and then an Applebees gift card with some more candy. We sure were lucky. The candy was great to eat during the long line at Rattlesnake Rapids and we used the Applebees gift card for dinner at 7:30.
We were together part of the time and separate the rest. I got to go on a few roller coasters, one even with Greg while the boys watched the girls-I LOVE OLDER KIDS! Most of my pictures are of the girls since I was with them most and you can't really take pictures of roller coaster. Callie was hilarious! On the ride she would start a little scared and then start laughing. Especially on the Odyssey ride. It was hilarious, I loved riding that with her. After every ride she would say, "that was awesome! I want to do it again!" She ended up going on 21 different rides. Another things she said: "When we came into the park they said, 'Have a good day at Lagoon!', and they were right, I did!" She also wanted to stay longer than anyone else and go on more rides. She also said she wanted to move there and talked about how when she can drive she will drive there with her friends and no adults. I love that she is not as scared about things as Annie.
Dinner was such a wonderful thing at the end of a long day. Everyone loved what they ordered. It was air conditioned and just relaxing. It was fun watching the kids be awed at all the new things and not know what to expect with rides and other things. Everyone behaved great and had fun--and no one was sad when we did end up getting home after 9 just as I predicted. They all showered and went to bed. If it was so expensive we would go again, maybe in a couple years so it is exciting again.

































No comments:
Post a Comment