I love to go and do things. That is just part of who I am. I remember going to the circus with my Grandma Bonnie years ago when i was a little girl. I remember the mug I got that most likely had a slushy/snow cone in it and I loved using that mug as I got older. We took the kids to the circus before Callie was around so at least 6 years ago. None of them really remembered it, so I was really excited to try it again. We rode frontrunner and trax down to avoid traffic on the freeway and parking. It was so easy and lots of fun. Greg met us at his station and the kids were excited to see him running toward the train, and almost missing it. They yelled encouragement to him, and of course he couldn't see or hear them.
The girls and I headed down to watch the pre-show while our too-cool boys sat and watched from afar. Sometimes I think Ryan would rather still be young but he has the big older brother that he wants to impress...maybe. Even Annabelle was a little embarrassed to do some of the dancing though so maybe my kids are just getting big. The girls almost got to walk across a low tight rope, but time ran out.
We got one bag of cotton candy to share and took turns wearing the goofy hat (well, some of us were brave enough to get a picture with it on).
The animals were awesome but some of the acrobats and aerialists were pretty amazing as well. There were a few times when I gasped or was a little nervous for the performers.
During intermission Nathan pulled out his book while the girls sat together talking about what they had seen. The picture isn't that great but the moment was precious to watch.
While the train was a great way to get to the circus, it was not the best way to get home! The circus ended right at 9 and there was a train that left the station at the same time. The next train wasn't until 10! So we waited around Salt Lake Central for 45 minutes. I thought for sure our kids would be cranky, but they did fabulous. It was fun to watch them laugh and play and goof off together. We got home late, but it was a fun adventure that I wouldn't want to have with anyone else.

























No comments:
Post a Comment