Thursday, December 31, 2015

1st Week of Christmas Break

 When I first realized we had a whole week of break before Christmas I was a little scared, a whole week without new toys to keep the kiddos occupied.  But then I decided to look at this as an opportunity.  I took each kid out to breakfast or lunch on each of the 4 days before Christmas.  Annabelle and I went to IHOP and hers was the only picture I took.  Ryan and i went to The Habit.  Callie and I went to McDonalds but she got nervous at how many kids were at the play place so we just brought her food home (I don't order food for me there, so I was happy to come home and eat).  Nathan had Christmas Eve and so Greg came with us to JCWs.  It was a lot of fun and I always enjoy spending one on one time with my kids.
 We had some more snow-snowman making snow, and the girls were so glad it was still there when we got back from watching the Peanuts movie.  That night Greg and I got a babysitter (a first in a long time) and took the boys to see Mockingjay 2.  They did a great job for a sad book.  The boys liked it, Ryan wished we were watching it in the comfort of our home, but I told him that's the kind of movie you see on a big screen.
 The kids have had lots of fun with friends.  At our house, at others, and the girls even got to go to the pool with some friends.  I do NOT like swimming when it is winter so I was happy that they got to go without me having to.
We made over 200 cookies one day.  I made the Russian Teacakes on my own and then I had each kiddo pick a cookie to make with me.  It was a long day but I loved having all the variety around and was happy to take them all around to neighbors so they didn't stay too long in my house. I definitely ate too many though, but that is why I wake up at 5:40 most mornings and work out.


No comments: