Annabelle and I went to Women's Conference at the Stake Center, just the two of us. It ended earlier than usual so we headed over to Smash Burger since she said that was where she had her best hamburger ever. It definitely did not disappoint. I had chicken and then the rosemary French fries were so yummy as well.
On Sunday we went outside and laughed and played together. The kids were super goofy and they all started to wrestle a bit so that's when I stepped back and just watched them have fun, at least until someone got hurt.
Sunday was also my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. My mom posted this cool picture of their wedding day and then that day at Wendy's home. We got to facetime with them and so I took a screen shot and I love their smiles. I love my parents. They have been such a great example to me all these years. I love that they work so hard and together with all they have been handed in life. They aren't perfect and that helps me too, knowing that no marriage is perfect and we all need to work on ourselves to make it better day by day. I wouldn't be who I am physically and figuratively without these two. They have supported me in anything and everything I ever wanted to do. They would sell things so I could have a computer or not have new clothes so that I could. Everything they did was because of their love for me and my siblings. I am also so thankful for their testimonies. They have always shown me how important Christ is in their lives. My mom is a convert so she learned a lot of things along side her kids. She was in primary with me, and years later in Young Women with me. I am so thankful for all her guidance and example that helped me stay on the straight and narrow path that has brought me the most happiness I could ever imagine. My dad was inactive in his youth, but I never doubted his testimony as we grew up. He also worked so hard for me and my family. I loved working with him during tax season, going to Kings games and working on cars together. While I am not around my parents much, I know they are there for me and they are always willing to help, whether it is coming to support my kids or late night tax questions, my parents are amazing and I love them all ways and always!
We went inside and played a few games. It was just a funny night, we laughed and laughed. Love my family and these special memories that we make together.


No comments:
Post a Comment