Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Loving Life

 We had to interrupt Family Home evening the other night because there was a beautiful double rainbow.  I love nature and all the beauty that Heavenly Father give us.

 For Spirit week I was able to be at the school when it was house color day.  I had some purple sweats that were super cozy and I had some gloves that didn't last long-it isn't easy teaching with gloves on.  I was also there on Pajama Day and Annabelle told me I couldn't wear pjs.  I wasn't upset about that one, even though it would have been comfy.
 Here are the capes the girls made.  Callie just found an old sheet that had already been cut into and some fabric for her "C".  Annabelle found the boys old curtains and then some purple for her "A".  I love that they used old things and made something special out of them.



 We were going to make little fox tails for our graduating 6th graders, but I was not liking how they turned out.  So I got my girls to help make bead foxes.  They are such fast little helpers!
 I was nominated for Volunteer of the Year at our Elementary School.  Such an honor.  I love being at the school and getting to know the staff and students.  I love hearing kids say things like, "Hi, Mrs. Felix!" or whispering to their friends as they pass me, "I just saw Mrs. Felix!"  It definitely makes my day and I am so thankful I have the time to be there as much as I am.  Our principal is amazing and I am so glad that my kids have had such a strong, kind and example to look to. She makes our school fantastic and I will definitely miss her when she retires in the next couple years.  I got to go to a nice luncheon and awards ceremony.  It was long, but it was nice to see and hear principals appreciate those that help build up the schools and the kids.
  


No comments: