I am always amazed at my children and their short attention spans. Today I decided to keep a record of how many things they did. It all started with lunch at about 12:30. From there the boys started reading books thanks to Nathan's kindergarten teacher's "Birthday Backpack" filled with fun birthday books (my favorite part since the boys cuddle with me and are quiet). Next came science experiments where we experimented with color and water crystals. Near the end of our experimental phase 2 friends came over and the venue was changed to the castle and making a haunted house. The kids were all really excited to show it to me and I must admit, it was pretty cool. Then the kids turned into whales and they were in a cage doing tricks while I helped to "feed" them. After a fire burned up the cage and I had to move them to a new tank came stickers and then coloring (again a nice and quieter activity). They went back to books for a couple minutes but before I could enjoy the peace too much the swords and wrestling began and little Annabelle wanted to join the "fun". We went from WWF to the Animal Planet and I had a herd of tigers in my house running around. Again we jumped to something new: Hide-n-seek. From there the Astro Blasters started an inter-galactic fight which ended in the kids all going to the neighbors. It was almost 5 o'clock and I just laughed as they headed out the door. In all that time that they jumped from one activity to the next, I could have (and wish I did) just sat and read a book.
Friday, February 22, 2008
Attention Span
I am always amazed at my children and their short attention spans. Today I decided to keep a record of how many things they did. It all started with lunch at about 12:30. From there the boys started reading books thanks to Nathan's kindergarten teacher's "Birthday Backpack" filled with fun birthday books (my favorite part since the boys cuddle with me and are quiet). Next came science experiments where we experimented with color and water crystals. Near the end of our experimental phase 2 friends came over and the venue was changed to the castle and making a haunted house. The kids were all really excited to show it to me and I must admit, it was pretty cool. Then the kids turned into whales and they were in a cage doing tricks while I helped to "feed" them. After a fire burned up the cage and I had to move them to a new tank came stickers and then coloring (again a nice and quieter activity). They went back to books for a couple minutes but before I could enjoy the peace too much the swords and wrestling began and little Annabelle wanted to join the "fun". We went from WWF to the Animal Planet and I had a herd of tigers in my house running around. Again we jumped to something new: Hide-n-seek. From there the Astro Blasters started an inter-galactic fight which ended in the kids all going to the neighbors. It was almost 5 o'clock and I just laughed as they headed out the door. In all that time that they jumped from one activity to the next, I could have (and wish I did) just sat and read a book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks fo always entertaining my kids too, they just love playing at your house!!
Post a Comment