I love birthday parties. It is a good thing too since I had 13 kids at my house yesterday for an hour and a half. We lucked out so far that the boys are okay doing a joint party and agreed yet again on a theme-these year they chose knights and dragons. I love finding and making a cool cake and then coming up with fun activities for the kids to do (thanks to my mom and all the great parties she threw for me). We first put a crest on our shield and then practiced our jousting skills. Once each child was pronounced a knight we "fought" a dragon and then got ready for our feast by decorating our goblets. We shouted hurray and then feasted on the dragon. I hope all the kids had as much fun as I did getting things ready.


10 comments:
Graham loved the party. I thought it was all so creative! In fact he was wearing all his gear today riding around on his stick horse being a knight. Thanks too for coming to that mtg. tonight. You are doing an awesome job with scouts.
Okay, so that cake is way cute. What a fun party. A bit exhausting I am sure.
Holy cow! You are AMAZING. That cake is incredible. I bet the kids just loved it. :)
Oh that cake is awesome!! My kids had so much fun, what an awesome party!!
Emily, seriously, you are superwoman! Let's hang out and you can give me a few tips!!
That cake is awesome! great job! I am impressed with all of your great ideas. Now I know who to call when I need ideas for birthdays!
Emily, that sounds so GREAT. I didn't know you had a blog but now that I know that you do I'll definitely come more often. Especially if I get to see such cool things as a dragon!! Sounds like it was a lot of fun.
You did an awesome job on the party...McKay was sure excited to tell Dave all about it, and explained all the fun games you played. He wasn't even hungry after eating a Dragon!! Thanks for being so patient with 13 kids. Oh and thanks for delivering his coat to us.
Happy Birthday to Nathan and Ryan! What a fun sounding party. :)
we are so lucky to have had such a cool mom...i hope that i can take after the both of you too! way to go on the cake! i'm glad to hear all went well!
Post a Comment