Thursday, February 21, 2008

Disneyland!!


What a week. Our 5 days at both Disneyland and California Adventure were a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. The weather was hot and cold and the lines were short at the beginning of the week but longer at the end (we will never go on a weekend again). We went on over 45 rides or attractions and ate at ~16 different restaurants. Here are some highlights:
  • Nathan was so brave and went on every ride at Disneyland! I am so proud if him and told him it was okay when after Space Mountain he said, "I did it, and now I don't have to do it until I am bigger." He also got to fight Darth Vader in a neat Jedi Training presentation. He was such a trooper since he had to walk every day and wanted to stay later when both Greg and I were exhausted. He was really excited to turn 6 at Disneyland and he got a special button to wear all day.
  • Ryan also impressed us by going on Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain, but after that he was through with the roller coasters. He did love Buzz Lightyear though. Once when he, Annie and I were waiting for the others to get off a ride he said the cutest thing: he had just bought a little airplane toy with $ from his grandparents and was playing with it great. He looked over at me and said, "Mommy, are you bored?" I was really bored and wasn't excited to hear him tell me he was too since I didn't want to have to buy him another over-priced snack before the gang got back. I told him yes and he said, "Do you want to play with my airplane?" How cute is that?! Ry got to have a stroller a couple days, and ride on dad's shoulders somewhat, but mostly he was a trooper. He loved seeing the characters, especially the Winnie the Pooh gang.
  • Annabelle did well, considering that she came down with a bad ear infection 2 days before we left. She got the comfy seat every day but really liked it when we let her out to walk around (too bad the stroller wasn't big enough for me). Annie wasn't too sure about the characters, but loved Simba in the parade and all of the music. Some days we went to the hotel for her to take a nap, and other days we pushed on through and she slept a little in the stroller. Nana bought her a stuffed Minnie, which she does like, but she really loved the Astro Blasters that the boys got.
  • Greg and I were exhausted at the end of every day. We both decided that Disneyland is NOT an every year thing for our family (I don't know how some of you do it). We had a lot of fun and it was nice doing the Parent Switch so we could both ride all of the rides, quicker. I liked not having to cook every meal, but eating out got old at the end (and really expensive). It was fun to see our kids faces at all the stuff-the rides, the characters, the cotton candy! They were truly in a Happy Place.

5 comments:

Kate said...

I'm glad you all had such a good time!

Autumn said...

Sounds like a great trip...the older they get the easier it gets! I love Disneyland...truly the happiest place on earth if you ask me!

Raechal said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip! and I'm glad we got to see you too!

Kristi said...

Oh that sounds like such a great trip! What brave boys you have! I love the pic of Nate batteling Darth Vader, and how cool to have a birthday at Disneyland! Fun times!

Jodi Jo said...

I love Disneyland! Your pictures are so cute. It sounds like you guys had a great time. I will have to talk to you about the whole weekend thing...we were talking about going sometime soon and some of the days were over a weekend.