Thursday, April 3, 2008

Blessing in Disguise

First off, Annie is home from the hospital and she is happy and okay. I wish that is what the anesthesiologist said when he came into the recovery room where I was waiting. Instead he said something like, "While we were in the operating room your daughter's vitals and oxygen levels were really getting low so we couldn't take out her adenoids (then he notices the obvious worry in my face), she's okay though..." He definitely needs some training in what to say first to a mom. So, they didn't take the adenoids out, they just replaced the ear tubes-which were all messed up anyway. I feel like it is a blessing since I had been fretting over the whole adenoid thing anyway and how it might change her voice, and she is so young, and it has just been her ears...Anyway, I am relieved that her levels went low so now I don't have to worry about it for awhile. The doctor did put a camera down her nose to have a look at the adenoids and they look really small so I think he was relieved, too. She did have an IV though and I wanted a picture of her cute purple cast that she had over it, but Annabelle was pretty scared of her arm and hid it from me. This picture is of her right before the operation, she was surprisingly happy for not having eaten and being in a weird place, though as you can see she did NOT like the band on her leg.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh I am glad to hear she is ok! I have been thinking of you all day, but hesitated calling afraid I would disturb you or her. I am glad you feel so good about the decision that is so hard when they are little, but I am glad alll is ok. I will keep my fingers crossed no more ear infections!!

Raechal said...

surgery is not fun for anyone, I can't imagine how little kids feel. I'm glad things worked out for the best and that she is doing great!

Lewis Family said...

Glad to hear she is doing well and that they were able to replace her tubes. It is scary whenever a little one goes under. What was that guy thinking?!? grr.

Brittney said...

soooo glad everything worked out. that lame doctor...

Teri said...

Hey Emily, I was blog surfing and found you! I'm sorry that the dr was a little dorky and said that, I think they need to have a class on bedside manners, that isn't the first time I've said that... I used to work with a group of Dr.s they can be goofy. I'm glad that she's ok, what a cutie she is. Sounds like she was a trooper. Your dinner on the post before, looks delish! yay to go! Glad I found you!

Jodi Jo said...

Whew! What a relief! It's good that they took the time to look at her adenoids. I hope that these tubes do their job!!