I don't know why I had it in my mind that I needed to make Spring Break such a fun time for my kids, but I did and I hope that I succeeded in their minds. Here are some highlights:
Monday: Ryan, Annie and I always go to the library for story time on Monday and Nathan was so happy to join us this week. It did mean that we checked out a lot more books than usual, but they all enjoyed sitting together for story time. When we got home we had a picnic with our neighbors and later on went to the dinosaur museum.
Tuesday: While I got a little too much sun on Monday, Tuesday it snowed. We stayed inside and relaxed. The kids made messes and played with their friends.
Wednesday: We had playgroup with the church and then went out to lunch with some friends. The kids, even Annabelle, had a blast at the playground and I got a yummy raspberry cheesecake milkshake (I am still remembering how yummy it was).
Thursday: We went to the mall in the morning to get Daddy some pants. The playground at the mall is gone and supposed to be back soon, but unfortunately it wasn't there for us. We did get our usual pretzel's and lemonade to share. Later that afternoon we went to Farm Country and Annabelle got her first pony ride
.
Friday: It was sunny again so we played outside all morning and then went to see "Horton Hears a Who." The kids did pretty well, until Annie fell through her seat and cried.
It was a long week and we did a lot of fun things. I know the kids have probably forgotten it all by now, but I hope that they will at least remember that we had some fun. If you are wondering, I still only have 3 kids but I love letting the kids have friends over or come with us on some of our outings. It makes them happier and surprisingly more obedient. I don't know if I will have the energy to keep every Spring Break as exciting but I shall try. I think we were all excited to go back to school this week though I do miss the lazier mornings.
2 comments:
Are you sure you don't want to just add my 2 with your 3, it seems they are always at your house anyways!! Thanks for taking them with you and letting them play, they have so much fun! And you have way more patience than me!! Fun spring break!!
You are so amazing and I wish I still lived in Utah. Then I would have enjoyed all of the fun activities with you. Can you imagine? Well, you are amazing and I hope to be a mom like you!
Post a Comment