It was the usual run around this morning as I tried to get everyone ready so we could drive the car pool and then go on a much needed trip to the grocery store. I had one earring on and before I could put the other one on I was interrupted so the earring went into my pocket and before I knew it we were out the door. When, might you ask, did I remember about my earring? Well, at about 4:30 I was looking for my keys to go to the Tulip Festival when I found my earring in my pocket. I laughed thinking of all the people who saw me with one earring (and not just a small earring, it was a long swirly silver one). I went to Wal-Mart, Pet Smart, Sally's Beauty supply, Costco, and I picked up kids from school. I am surprised that I didn't catch any funny looks as I stood in lines or walked around. So, the moral of this is that I will not care if I have a booger hanging from my nose, my pants unzipped, toilet paper hanging from my shoe...please just tell me, I would be happier to fix it then to find out later.
3 comments:
I agree, I even wish complete strangers would tell me things. You know most people feel this way, yet we all hesitate to let someone know.
Jonie
I would have told you, but I didn't happen to run into you that day:) It must be those darn hundreds of miles between us.
Oh I am SO with you on this one! I've done the earring thing several times. I've discovered an undone zipper at the end of the day. AND...I've walked around who knows how long with a shirt button undone! For those reasons I will usually be the first to let someone know before they go the whole day through unknown humiliation.
Post a Comment