Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sunny Days


It is that time of the year when I love to get outside with my kids and work or play. This week was the beginning of many more I hope. The boys were playing a fast version of "Ring Around the Rosies" and Annie was smart enough to stay away. I think Ryan wished he had, too.

Growing up my dad used to make us weed nearly every weekend. I would always try to get out of it by ironing or cleaning all the bathrooms. However, as I have aged and have my own areas that need weeding I don't mind it as much, I actually enjoy it a little.

Thanks to my friend Kristi I am, hopefully, going to have a strawberry patch this summer. I spent all morning and into the afternoon weeding and making the dirt nice along the side of my house. I planted 15 strawberry plants and since my family loves strawberries, I look forward to the crop these will bring and the money I will save.

And since I was so busy and Greg was inside working, Annabelle decided to take a mud bath. Oh well, it was funny to see and I have pictures of me at the age getting dirty-I think I don't let my kids get dirty enough.

5 comments:

Fiddlefish said...

VERY cute! I hope you have a lot of oxy-clean for the mud. :)

Tara B.

Lindsay said...

I wish I enjoyed weeding and doing flowers as much as you. that is probably why my yard still looks horrible. but hopefully this spring I will get some ambition.

Anniebanannie said...

You are reminding me that I need to get outside and dig too. I started last weekend but didn't get very far with the weeding. I planted a flower instead in a place where there weren't any weeds.

Kristi said...

Oh that was so funny when she was covered in mud and she was loving it!! Hopefully the strawberries will grow, I'll feel bad if they don't!!

Natelli Johnston said...

Strawberries, what a good idea!