My parents live right behind my old elementary school (from 3rd to 6th), and I mean you open our back gate and you are on school property. It made walking to school easy, and it is also great for my kids to have a HUGE park right behind Nana and Grumpy's house. We have walked all over the school the past couple days and even found my favorite teacher, Mr. Phillips. He was my 5th and 6th grade teacher and it was because of him, and other great El Ed teachers that inspired me to want to teach. It was great to see him and show him my family, though he said it made him feel a little old since it was 18+ years ago that he was my teacher. Actually writing that makes me feel old as well. Not only was he my teacher, but he taught 3 other of my 5 siblings. I hope that my children have great teachers over the next years, as I did years ago.


No comments:
Post a Comment